Founded in 2005, Oceania Inc. is a multinational e-commerce company specializing in a spectrum of consumer products from sports and exercise equipment to decorative home lighting, and household wares. Our mission is to bring high-quality consumer products at low cost by combining innovative marketing with data-driven technologies. Since our founding, Oceania has rapidly grown while expanding our market internationally to over ten countries in North America, Europe, and Asia.
We are looking for a motivated junior editor to help develop, execute, and manage content with goals of driving traffic, conversions, and brand awareness. This position’s responsibilities include overseeing a team of freelance writers, contributing at all stages of content production, and analyzing performance of those efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Recruit freelancers and content creators
● Manage a team of freelancers and content creators from user communities
● Meet with marketing team to keep all team members updated on work progress
● Work with Content Marketing Manager to create content pipeline and execute through content network
● Ensure content promotes the brand in a positive and engaging way
● Use analytical tools to monitor different campaigns’ progress and build strategies to improve their content according to these results.
● Conduct research on target audience to determine the best ways to reach and engage with them
● Work with the leadership team to determine the style guide, brand voice and tone that writers will follow, and edit content pieces to ensure they meet these standards
● Provide final revisions on content pieces to ensure they meet publishing guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree required
● Minimum 2 years’ of copyediting/proofreading/fact-checking experience; experience in ecommerce brands is preferred
● Superior proofreading skills with a keen attention to detail
● Marketing minded and ability to package content to drive engagement
● General understanding of SEO practices
● Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
● Excellent organizational and time management skills; the ability to prioritize, meeting steady turnaround needs while continuing to maintain high quality
● Excellent English language, verbal, and written communication skills
● Team player with demonstrated experience being successful as part of a team
● Resourceful and proactive in dealing with and responding to problems, queries, and opportunities